Friday, April 6, 2012

Best dadgum training week so far....

This week has gone really well for me.  I only took one day off, Monday.  I always take Monday off because I do my long runs on Saturday, my long rides on Sunday and well lets face it, it's Monday.

I've gotten up early 3 times this week and logged some solid running miles.  Combined the morning run on Tuesday with a bike ride that afternoon cause I forgot Tuesday was bike day.  May have to turn Tuesday in to Twos-a-day cause it felt great to get both in.  Poor pun selection I know.

Anyhow I think I may be getting the hang of the 4:40 waking up thing.  Not once did I hit the snooze, or out and out dismiss it.  I just rolled out....got moving and woke up, and was on the road by 4:50.  I like running in the early morning.  Its as cool as its going to be all day.  It is very quiet, and there aren't very many cars to have to worry about.  Plus I had my workout in and my shower done before 6:00 a.m.  All of my runs went great as I recorded negative splits over each 1/2 mile progressively which was what I was focusing on.  Its really hard to throttle back early in the run, given my impatient nature but I believe it will help in the long run as I've already seen improvement on my average pace.

I love biking.  I really do.  The fact that I can cover so much more ground.  The rush that I get hitting high speeds on downhills.  The its me vs. this hill feeling every time I start dropping gears and gnashing my teeth.  I love the suffering and sense of accomplishment that follows every hill I conquer.  I have heard of and seen people walking their bikes up some hills.  I have yet to meet that incline yet, and often wonder if there is one out there that will break me.  Only one way to find out and that's to keep putting miles under my wheels.

Got my long"ish" run tomorrow which I will grind through.  And then I plan on taking a few friends who have just recently started biking out with me on a fairly good long ride.  Something sadistic about me really wants to take them out halfway easy and then drop the hammer on them and lock them up in the pain box on the way home.  Is that wrong?

No comments:

Post a Comment